At TDN we are committed to transparency about the data we collect, use, share and store. We want everyone who we interact with to feel that we are careful about what data we hold and how we hold it.
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE AND OTHER ONLINE/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
When someone visits www.traindev.net we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our e-newsletters and information about meetings. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
We use a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it retains the IP addresses of people trying to login without our permission. No personal data is recorded or retained in this respect.
In operating our website, it may become occasionally necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely with a GDPR compliant processor, but cannot guarantee this.
Links to other websites
We have a LinkedIn group which can be joined by anyone irrespective of whether they are a member of TDN. TDN cannot therefore be responsible for the use of any information that is put on this group. You can unsubscribe from this group at any time via LinkedIn.
STORING AND SHARING OF DATA COLLECTED DIRECTLY
Why do we hold data?
We have to hold the details of the people who use our services in order to provide these services. However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested and for other closely related purposes.
The main reasons for which TDN holds information are:
- Organising and running meetings
- Finding session leaders for our meetings
- Updating members and other interested parties about the TDN and its activities
- Providing information on training and development related topics that may be of interest to our members, visitors and others on our database such as new training and development products and services, opportunities, etc
- Facilitating contact between members who don’t wish to use the LinkedIn group to discuss training and development related topics.
What information do we store?
For everyone who is a full or Pay As You Go member of TDN we store any or all of the following:
- Name (and company name if you have one)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- A record of when you have been invoiced and paid
- A record of when you attended meetings
- We do not hold bank details unless you have supplied them to us for the explicit purpose of refunds or similar reasons. These are held within our Bank (Santander) and nowhere else.
We hold this information for up to six years after your membership lapses.
For everyone who is not a full or Pay As You Go member of TDN, and who has given us their information for the purpose of being kept informed of TDN events, activities and marketing, we store any or all of the following:
- Name (and company name if you have one)
- Email address
- A record of if/when you have been invoiced and paid
- A record of if/when you attended meetings
- We do not hold bank details unless you have supplied them to us for the explicit purpose of refunds or similar reasons These are held within our Bank (Santander) and nowhere else.
We hold this information for up to four years after your final contact with us.
How do we store and share it?
Information you provide to us is stored on Microsoft OneDrive and in Microsoft Outlook.
We also store some data on the local PCs, laptops, portable devices and storage drives held by members of the TDN organising committee and our PA. Our devices are password protected.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We do not share information with any third parties, except for members or meeting guests whose names are shared with the relevant meeting venue and others involved in organising meetings.
We will also share information:
- In the event that we sell any or all of our network to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
If anyone on our membership and marketing database wishes to unsubscribe they may do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. or by unsubscribing in our mailings.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
We try to be as open as we can in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by emailing email@example.com. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes and ask for it to be deleted.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Trainers and Developers Network
15a the Terrace